Lately, I’ve been feeling insanely connected with the paranormal. Have you ever felt like some unseen entity was speaking to you or that you somehow crossed over some invisible line?
Here’s what has been happening:
- This happened a while ago. I was asleep in my bed. I was in a deep sleep, not really sure if I was dreaming but I find myself being startled awake by gunshots. Yes, gunshot! I shot up in my bed and quietly listened for any sounds that would indicate that there was some violent act happening outside my window. I live in a suburb. This does not mean that violence doesn’t find itself in my neighborhood but I have yet to learn about violent acts so close to home. As I sat in my bed, willing my heart to slow its pace, i heard nothing. My husband didn’t stir (not that he would as deep as he sleeps), my kids didn’t stir and I did not hear one dog bark and there is always at least one neighborhood dog sleeping outside. I went back to sleep and when I woke, there was no news articles reporting gun violence in my town. It was all in my head.
- Similarly, I was sleeping one night and I woke with a start because I heard a baby crying. Again, I sat up and listened, thinking it was my son crying out. I didn’t hear any other sounds so I went to my son’s room and he was sound asleep. I can somewhat explain this because my son could have cried out in his sleep but he was two at the time and did not sound like an infant.
- I was napping on the couch the other day. I was in a deep sleep when I heard my mother calling me. She began calling my name more urgently. I woke up and opened my eyes and she continued to call my name twice more. My mother lives six hours away. I was alone in the room.
- I got into my car and started driving. I was listening to one station when a song popped into my head. I changed the station and the song that popped into my started playing… coincidence.
- My son cried out right after going to bed one evening. I went to check on him. When I got him tucked back into bed, I walked out and as I passed the bathroom, my son’s toothbrush timer was on. The timer is a flashing light that you turn on while brushing. I was freaked out because the light was not on when I first came up and passed the bathroom and the button is one in which you really have to push to get the light to operate. No explanation for this.
- Finally, today, I went to work but left my badge at my desk when I left my area. I am usually one of the first in so there was no one in the office yet to let me back in. Part of my building is open to the public and that is the area where I was standing. I left everything at my desk, including my phone, so I couldn’t call for help. As I stood there, out of the way of the door (I felt silly so I partially hid myself), a few people, who work for my company, came through. I didn’t want to seem weird so I waited for someone I knew. I waited and waited as people came in to start their day. Out of no where, one of my coworkers’ face popped into my head. He works on a different floor and different department so he’s not one I see every day. I thought to myself, how embarrassing it would be if he had to let me in. Well, no sooner than I had the thought, that particular coworker walked in. I know so many people at my company and most start early just as I do so anyone could have walked through the door. Again, I have no explanation for this one.
I would really love to hear from others. I feel like someone or something is trying to get my attention but I don’t quite get what they are saying to me. I get light flickers, tiny flashes of lights in a dark room, random thoughts, etc. I want to know that I am not alone in this crazy world 🙂